Keeping your hair smooth, manageable, shiny, and silky is difficult without applying a conditioner after every wash. But, many men on the go skip out using conditioner after a head wash which may lead to several hair and scalp problems. Here, we will be discussing what a conditioner does to your hair, making it a must-do step of men’s hair care routine. Also, what makes conditioner different from other hair care products you see on the shelves of grocery stores and supermarkets? Also, the write-up explores the right ways to use conditioner for thick hair growth, types of conditioners for different hair types, and tips on how to choose the best hair conditioner for you. Let’s begin!
What Is A Conditioner?
A conditioner is a hair moisturizing product with a creamy, light, and slippery texture which makes it easy to glide and spread throughout the hair lengths. It comes packed with ultra-hydrating and nourishing compounds that deep penetrate the hair shaft and seal the cuticle thus making your hair smooth and frizz-free (1). Conditioners also come packed with bridging agents that improve your hair’s absorbing qualities, improve viscosity, and maintain your hair’s pH balance. Nowadays, you can find different types of conditioners, each having its own benefits and mode of application. A few of them are as follows-
Explore Different Types Of Conditioners:
Regular Conditioners - Regular conditioners are hair care products primarily made using anti-static and lubricating agents like waxes, oils, polymers, hydrolyzed amino acids, and cationic molecules for best hair-softening results. Most high-quality conditioners are formulated to deeply penetrate the cuticle and nourish it from the inside. Regular conditioners are often well-suited for people with fine and straight hair.
Deep Conditioners - Deep conditioners are the type of conditioner with much-concentrated formulas. They are formulated to be kept on for 20-30 minutes. Deep conditioners are best suited for extremely dry, damaged, and coarse hair. The active compounds in deep conditioners diligently nourish and replenish frizzy and dehydrated hair.
Though these conditioners may provide exceptional results in transforming dull and lifeless hair into flowing yards of sheer magic, you need to be patient, sit back, and relax for at least 20- 30 minutes after application. Many men find waiting for a product to work on their hair challenging and they often look for quick and easy alternatives to get the same results. Here, natural hair conditioners for dry hair make the best bet for them.
Leave-in Conditioners - Leave-in conditioners are revered by most men and women for their ease of use and mesmerizing hair care results they offer. These water or alcohol-based conditioners are made to be left in the hair, thus ruling out the need for hair washing. Leave-in conditioners are best suited for people with curly hair. Also, if you are the one who like to comb your hair when they are slightly wet, you can apply a leave-in conditioner before brushing to prevent hair breakage and thinning.
Top 5 Benefits Of Using Hair Conditioner Regularly
Though many men miss out on using conditioner after shampooing, little do they know that by doing so, they are missing out on several hair care benefits. Here are a few impressive benefits you can reap by making conditioner a part of your hair care routine.
1. Frizz Control: Conditioners are specially formulated to decrease the friction between hair shafts, thus neutralizing the negative electrical charge on the hair fibers (2). Also, the active compounds in conditioners improves hydrophilicity of the hair shaft and prevent frizz and hair damage.
2. Prevent Split Ends: Natural conditioners for curly hair often comes packed with protein complexes that diligently seal the cuticle and prevent split ends. Also, the deep penetrate the hair shaft to repair any wear and tear to the hair strands and impart smoothness to your hair. If you too often suffer split ends, including Matural Hair Growth Conditioner in your hair care routine may help overcome the problem. The plant pea sprout protein in our conditioner can help stimulate quick hair growth in men.
3. Repair Hair Damage: Like women, men too tend to be playful with their hair. Coloring and chemical treatments at the salon can leave your hair dry, coarse, and brittle. Here, conditioners can come to your rescue. High-quality and natural conditioners can help moisturise your hair strands after coloring, heat or chemical styling (3).
4. Hair Protection: Most of us use anti-dandruff shampoos in a stint to get quick relief from the unsightly white flakes on the scalp. Anti-dandruff shampoos, on the other hand, may leave your hair coarse and brittle. But, don’t worry! High-grade smoothing conditioners are known to prevent the friction caused between hair strands after shampooing. Thus, it extremely important for you to apply a fine coat of moisturising conditioners after washing your hair with shampoo.
5. Prevent Hair fall: Damaged hair roots and shafts are more likely to fall due to obvious reasons. The powerful compounds in paraben free shampoos and conditioners diligently nourishes hair follicles and prevent hair loss in men. If you too are looking for best shampoo and conditioners for men’s hair, check out Matural’s hair combo kit for comprehensive hair care benefits.
How To Use Conditioner For Best Results?
To reap maximum hair care of using a conditioner, it is important to use it correctly. For best results, follow the steps as follows-
1. Wash your hair in the shower. Rinse all the shampoo.
2. Pat your hair with a soft towel to remove dripping water.
3. Take an amount of regular conditioner according to your hair length and thickness.
4. Apply all over the lengths of your hair. Avoid applying conditioner on the scalp.
5. Leave it on for 2-3 minutes. Rinse off and pat your hair dry with a soft cotton towel.
Please note that deep conditioners may require you to leave them on for 20-30 minutes before rinsing off. On the other hand, leave-in conditioners shouldn’t be rinsed off with water.
At first, hair conditioners may seem a oure cosmetic treatment but they offer a wide range of benefits for maintaining long and thick hair. Most men often skip conditioner after shampooing, which may leave their hair brittle and coarse. Also, colored or chemically treated hair is more likely to get dry and damaged. In such cases, deep moisturisers can help nourish, repair, and rejuvenate hair roots and strands. If you too take a lax about treating your hair with a conditioner after shampooing, you are probably missing out on cherishing the joys of wearing thick, shiny, and smooth hair. Include a good quality conditioner in your hair care regime today and notice the difference it brings to your crowning glory.
Q1: Can I use a hair conditioner everyday?
No, using conditioner everyday is not recommended. Over use of conditioners will leave a greasy build-up over the scalp and will leave your hair weighed down.
Q2: Can I use a conditioner without shampooing?
Occasionally, you can use a conditioner without shampooing your hair. This process is called co-washing.
Q3: Can I mix shampoo and conditioner together?
Both shampoo and conditioner have different functions. Shampoos are meant to cleanse the scalp whereas conditioners are formulated to hydrate hair and scalp. Thus, both of them should not be mixed together.